Currently, the online gambling market is estimated at $51.96 billion. By way of contrast, this figure was only $20.51 billion in 2009. Over the past 9 years, the market value has doubled. What’s more, the experts predict it will reach $59.79 billion by 2020 and $94.4 billion by 2024. What attracts gambling fans and how do casinos motivate their customers to play even more? Let’s find it out.
The Law of Business
Like any other company, online casinos conduct their activities in accordance with the laws of business. One of the modern laws states that each client wants to get their own unique offer. Today’s customers love personalization, which gives them a sense of their own importance. In order to encourage users to play, and do it in the most personalized way, online casinos have created a system of rewards and bonuses. In this article, we will cover the most common of them, though if you are interested in a complete list, you can find more offers on CasinoBonusCheck.com.
How Casinos Encourage Customers to Play
There are many different ways of motivating customers to start gambling, be it a financial reward or a special game perk. Here are the basic ones:
- Free games for new customers. Very often casinos allow potential players to try a game for free. By so doing, they expect that the gambler’s desire to continue the game and win will take over.
- Free trials. When the user installs an app on his/her smartphone or desktop, there are always free trials on offer. It may be a ‘testing’ period (when you do not need to pay for the app) or a demo version with the basic functionality.
- Free spins are the opportunities to spin a roulette or play a tour on the slot machines without making an initial deposit.
- Prize draws. This well-known practice of land-based casinos has also turned out to be popular in the world of virtual gambling.
- Complimentary points. These are reward points that a user receives after having made a certain number of bets or invested a certain amount of money in a game.
- Loyalty programs. The terms and conditions of loyalty programs may differ, but the underlying concept is the same. The more you bet – the higher the loyalty reward is.
However, the perks list doesn’t end here. Online casinos have gone the extra mile and started offering a system of bonuses that any gambler can benefit from.
The Classification of Online Casino Bonuses
The bonus is a kind of encouragement for everyone who has performed the required action – for example, visited a particular casino for the first time, invited a friend or registered on the website.
Bonuses can be divided into two main types:
- Deposit bonuses.
- No deposit bonuses.
As the name implies, the procedure for receiving each of these bonuses depends on whether or not the user has made an initial deposit.
Note: Each casino determines which type of bonuses to offer to its customers, as well as the terms of their usage. Therefore, be aware of the conditions before cashing out any of the deposit bonuses.
Here are the most common rewards of this type.
- The monthly bonus is the amount of money that is returned to the user’s account after a month of playing at a casino.
- Loyalty bonus. As we’ve mentioned the amount you receive depends on the number of bets made in a particular game for a certain period of time.
- There are also referral bonuses for inviting other users who have eventually turned into customers.
- Cashback bonus. Its essence lies in the fact that after a certain time has elapsed, the casino returns a percentage of the user losses.
- Recurrent bonus. Each casino determines its own policy of awarding this type of bonuses. The main feature of this reward is its periodicity. That said, it is tied to a specific number of regular bets a gambler has made, or a certain period of time he/she has spent playing a game.
- Reload bonus. The player receives this bonus after replenishing his account for a certain amount of money.
- High Roller bonus. Casinos offer this type of bonuses exclusively to those players who make the highest bets.
A Few Words About the Treacherous Wager
It would be very encouraging to receive bonuses just because you are playing your favorite game; but in practice, there are wagering requirements that should be met. As a rule, users must perform a certain number of bets or spins in order to convert the bonus wins into cash.
How to Use Your Privilege Wisely
Of course, bonuses and promotions are a good opportunity to increase your chances of winning. However, it is necessary to follow a few simple rules so that bonuses really mean a benefit for the player, and not a loss.
- Before redeeming a bonus, read through the wagering terms and inform yourself about the casino policy.
- Do not try to ‘cheat’ the program and get the one-time bonus twice.
Note: Unfair casinos commit fraud under the guise of bonus programs! Beware of the promotion campaigns that promise significantly larger rewards than those offered by most gambling websites!