Oh My Blog is a monthly interview series, where fellow bloggers come together to answer a series of questions on a specific theme. This is a chance to get acquainted with a whole range of bloggers, some of whom you may not have heard of before, and learn a little more about them!
This month, the theme is Mums (because it’s Mother’s Day soon!) and we’re hosting Yvonne from Double The Monkey Business!
1. Introduce us to your mum. What’s her name? What does she do? Reveal her age if you dare!
My mum is Moira and she lives in Scotland. No way would I reveal her age 🙂
2. What’s the one thing your mum always used to say to you?
“Lets get organised!”
When I was a slothful teenager I used to hate it when she said that.
3. Someone’s playing your mum in a film. Who is it and why?
Kelly MacDonald because I think my mum looked like her when she was younger.
4. She’s won the lottery. What’s the first thing your mum buys for herself?
She probably wouldn’t buy anything for herself, and buy presents for everyone else instead. But if she did it would probably be a fancy new sports car – she likes her cars!
5. What embarrassing story about you does she always tell when you meet new people?
Well there are quite a few that she loves to share. Like the time that I cycled into bin bags on the way to my cycling proficiency test…
6. What are your plans for Mother’s Day this year?
My mum is actually flying home that day after visiting us for the week. So I think we will try and fit a nice brunch in before she heads off. Maybe make it out for some dinner the day before? If I can persuade the hubby, I may try and fit a sneaky shopping trip in with my mum when she is visiting! We love to go shopping together.
7. What’s her favourite TV show at the moment?
I actually don’t know. I will need to ask her….
8. What’s the biggest or most important thing that your mum inspired you to do?
Always be myself and try my best. She has drummed that into me since I was little. She has always encouraged me and made me believe I can achieve anything if I put my mind to it.
9. Your round at the bar! What’s your mum drinking?
A glass of wine. Or a glass of champagne.
10. What’s the biggest difference between you and your mum?
That is pretty hard, as we are incredibly similar!
11. Most important question of the lot. What is your mum’s stance on 50 Shades of Grey? Does she love it? Hate it? Not even know what it is?
I know she has read the books, however I have never asked her opinion!
12. What’s your favourite memory of your mum?
All the cuddles. Mum was always there with her arms open and it was incredibly comforting. In fact even though I am in my 30’s she is still the same now!
13. What do you think your mum was like as a kid?
I reckon she was confident and could speak to anyone, she moved schools a lot so she had to make friends quickly. She was probably a bit bossy as well !
14. Cast your mind back a bit; what was the thing you did as a child or teenager that made your mum the angriest she has ever been with you?
When I was little I ran away from home, just for a few hours but enough to frighten her. I think she was relieved, then angry, then relieved again when I was found. Now that I am mum I can only imagine how horrible that must have been.
15. Finally, what’s the BEST piece of advice your mum ever gave to you?
When I first had the twins, she said to listen and nod while people gave me ‘well-meaning’ advice, then do what was right for our family. To trust my own instincts.
If you enjoyed this Mother’s Day post and want to check out more from Yvonne, you should head over to her awesome blog and her social media so you can always keep up to date.